ClassroomParent can import calendar events that apply to the whole school using an iCal file. If you are getting the events from another system, this is often a format that can be exported from that other system.
If you would like to build a set of events manually, do the following:
- Create a spreadsheet with the following columns: Subject, Start Date, Start Time, End Date, End Time, All Day, Description, Location
- Start Date & End Date should be in the following format: dd/mm/yyyy, i.e 10/22/2019
- Start Time & End Time should be in the following format: hh::mmam/pm, i.e. 5:30pm
- All Day should be either “TRUE” or “FALSE”
- Location can be an address, room location, or any text string that describes where the event is taking place
- Save the file as a CSV (one of the Save As options from Excel)
- Use http://manas.tungare.name/software/csv-to-ical/ to convert the CSV file to an ical formatted file
- Import the file into ClassroomParent using the Admin/Import feature and choosing Calendar as the type.